Japanese White Charcoal made from ubame oak, handcrafted in Japan.
Known as the highest quality of activated charcoal for purifying water. Binchotan charcoal is activated by burning oak branches at extremely high temperatures for several days and then rapidly cooling them with white ash.
- Re-usable, recyclable, free of chemicals and waste.
- Absorbs chemicals like chlorine in tap water.
- Releases minerals like potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and calcium into the water.
Approx. 100 grams to purify 1 L of water.
One portion will last for 8 - 12 months.
Sold by weight. $20 per 100g.
1. Boil binchotan in water for 10 min
2. Let it dry completely overnight
3. Re-activate binchotan once every month after use by repeating steps 1 & 2